Sign in to follow this  
johnxl1s

lost keys/alarm

someone lost/misplaced my car keys/ring to which my alarm is on, also a crook lock key not an expensive one, i have a spare set of ignition and door keys but not crook lock or alarm button any one any ideas how to open the crook lock and also disalarm.

please, advice really appreciated.

john

Just remove crooclock either with hacksaw or drill barrell on the lock.With ur alarm u will have to take the main control box out(somewhere under dash.normally below glovebox)and take it to the manufacturer where they will program a new fob for your alarm.Had mine done with Scorpian alarms cost me £50.Good Luck

What make is your alarm. Each make will have a different method for obtaining replacement transmitters.

META, you need to have the code key. Onit is a monster number which META program into the replacement before shipping to you. If that fails, they can reprogram the control unit and make the transmitters to suit the new id.

GT you need to have the override key, that will then allow you to program any GT transmitter to your alarm.

Some others allow you to override them by turning the ignition on and off and watching the status LED flash x times and then on/off again entering a 5,6 digit code.

If you let me know what you have I'll see if I can help you more. The place that fitted it would be the best able to get you going again.

Gavin

Another good company for the alarm is tech tronics in Trafford Park Manchester, i lost the fob for my Piranha total closure alarm, and they supplied 2 more (after removing the alarm to find the code) for under £60 not had a problem since, and that was after piranha had gone out of business, telephone is 0161 872 6275

Caroline

a guy came out to take off the crook locks on both vw,had them off in five mins , he said the best device is the circular steering case for the steering wheel, cost :£50.00, which wasnt bad, any way thanks for all the replys

john

i must not have had the alarm on as it didnt go off, but now i have not got a fob

a guy came out to take off the crook locks on both vw,had them off in five mins , he said the best device is the circular steering case for the steering wheel, cost :£50.00, which wasnt bad, any way thanks for all the replys

john

i must not have had the alarm on as it didnt go off, but now i have not got a fob

Know your a bit far, but give tech tronics a ring anyway, there should be a code on your alarm somewhere, if you can give them the code, i believe they may be able to send the fobs to you