Sign in to follow this  
chuck

Turbonator

"I purchased two Turbonators for my Chrysler Sebring and immediately noticed the increase in power. It was more than I expected. I am already noticing the improved gas mileage. I like them so much, I am ordering two more for my brothers. Now, it feels like my car has a turbo charger." - Dr. Brian Coyle (San Jose, CA)

"Hi, every body"

"Hi, Dr Nick!"

it's a bad of rubbish

Rubbish!!

Vortex generators are in standard use in the aerospace industry. Very basically they add energy to the flow and help to prevent flow seperation over a very mildly cambered surface like the top of an aerofoil. So they can help improve the lift characteristics of wings etc......they inherently increase the drag of any surface they are used on though!!

As air travels through an intake it bounces around bends and elbows in the hose causing it to slow down.

Yes, BUT......the turbonators 'fins' will slow the flow down just as a vortex generator will, therefore further decreasing the flow speed.

Spinning air can be less susceptible to these abrupt changes in direction.

True.....but "spinning" flow enduced by a vortex generator can only prevenmt flow seperation on curved surfaces below 10 deg. The inlet pipe has 90 deg bends etc in it!

They have found a perfectly good aerodynamic device and are attempting to use it in completely the wrong conditions......where it will do absolutely fupp all to increase your power or mpg!!

I guess the cars in America all have straight airpipes

We all know how American cars hate corners after all...

Good theory!

Or why not just attach an extractor fan to the air intake, probably more

effective.