Sign in to follow this  
bilum

some buying advice needed

Hi all,

My friend has decided to buy himself a Corrado and wants to jump straight in with a VR6.

He has found one for sale 16 miles from us on Autotrader for £1475 ovno.

Sellers description:

1994 VOLKSWAGEN Corrado 2.9 VR6,

Corrado VR6 2.9i. 8k since engine rebuild. Alloys. Lowered. Been Off Road For 12 Months Hence price. No Canvasers!. £1,475. ovno

Now, im only just starting out in the C world and have NO experience of VR6's at all. We have read through the buying guide but was wondering if anyone can suggest anything specific to check for if it has been standing for so long?

Thanks

just looked at the one on autotrader, bloody bargain, if you dont get it by monday?? i'm sorry but i could have 2 rado's on the driveway.

Depending on where you are some of the guys on here have kindly volunteered to carry out pre viewing for prospective buyers.

May be worth seeing if someone would mind checking it out who is in your neck of the woods.

Been off road for 12 months suggests to me no tax....bit of a risk.

But definately worth a look. i too was looking at this one as its not too far from me either, but it just sounded too cheap to me, a bit suspect. But you never know, got nothing to lose afterall.

Let us know how you get on...

my VR had been standing on a former Forum member's drive for a year when i bought it... (albeit that he had it serviced, taxed and MOT'd prior to sale).

i'd imagine the thing you want to check most are i) brakes - i.e. not siezed or having so much surface corrosion that they're useless; ii) how well it runs - mine wouldn't hold a tickover and needed the the idle control valve blasted through a few times as there was a lot of residual cr*p where the fuel had been 'stagnating' in the tank; iii) oil change before running it too far??; iv) rust - has it been sitting somewhere dry or somewhere where the moisture can sit and hide in all those nasty places!

anyways, hope it all works out fella! :thumb right: