Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

ANY AUTOELECTRICIANS NEAR BIRMINGHAM THAT COULD HELP ME????

As said above

I seem to have a reasonable voltage drop in the car that I can't fathom! Can anyone that is good with electrics on these come and give me a hand for some sort of payment (not too expensive as this car is costing me dear at the moment!!!)

I'm at a loss to finding it myself! With all the new systems installed etc I just haven't a clue where to start!

Thanks

Sam

Oh my god - How do I know which one (rating wise) goes where again! I suppose I 'd have to list them.

But then the car won't run if I pull them all surely?? The drop shows on the alternator when its running!!

surely you shouldn't have a drop at point of charge, otherwise is a duff alternator. even with a heavy load you should see the same voltage.

Well according to the guy who did my alternator I should be getting at least 14.

It also shows slightly different readings at different points. But when the Alt was bench tested it was showing 14, as soon as it went on the car it was showing 13.7

Also my Ultima Redtop has been cooked!!! After a long drive going to and from Chipwizards the battery was red hot and hissing!!!! Then in the mornig it was completely dead and wouldn't hold ANY charge

I'm going to disconnect the stereo system in the boot and the power cap see if that is it. If not I need to start trying to Isolate circuits and narrow it down I think. Other than that I'm gonna have to pay silly money to call out an autoelectrician at silly money an hour to source and eliminate it. But I really cant afford that!!! The trouble is that with all the new electrics put in there now for all the guages and the aquamist it could be anything!!!

13.7 is ok

if the alternator isnt working u will get 12

change the voltage regulator

the battery would only do that if it was faulty or short circuited

13.7 is ok

if the alternator isnt working u will get 12

change the voltage regulator

the battery would only do that if it was faulty or short circuited

I know 13.7 is ok but I can find a drop. But have now found it. It is the Battery to Body earth.

I orginally thought there was something more serious afoot as the battery was red hot and hissing, inplying it was cooked. Well it was cooked but obviously if you keep trying to charge a dead battery it will do exactly that.

So it seems all this worry over an electrical fault seems that it was simply a knackered battery. Looks like I'll be taking it back to where I got it from over a year ago as I believe Optima Red Tops are Guaranteed for a fairly lengthy period!

Crisis Over it seems

Thanks for all your helps though!