Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

how much do G60 engine conversions go for ?

Just wondering as i'm possibly thinking of breaking the corrado up that i've got for sale !!!!

I did see one go on ebay for around £1000 is this a reasonable price to ask for or not? or is it just the usual ebay silly prices?

tbh.........best set yer sights a bit lower............me and the guy who bought your silver Golf VR broke a 91J plate G60 recently..........we sold the engine/g-box/charger/alternator/ECU/loom for less than £600 for the complete package.........purely cos we didn't want mucked about...........we had no biters tho when we advertised it at £750 so very doubtful you'll get £1k for it..........sell the car complete for £1200 and i'm sure it'll go

tbh.........best set yer sights a bit lower............me and the guy who bought your silver Golf VR broke a 91J plate G60 recently..........we sold the engine/g-box/charger/alternator/ECU/loom for less than £600 for the complete package.........purely cos we didn't want mucked about...........we had no biters tho when we advertised it at £750 so very doubtful you'll get £1k for it..........sell the car complete for £1200 and i'm sure it'll go

Hows my old golf going?

has he still got it?

Do you think it's worth putting the engine on ebay or am i just going to be wasting my time?

I dont really want to break it because of all the bits that i'll probably end up being stuck with.

other than that there's nothing really wrong with the car other than the bodywork being a bit shabby.

its in damn rude health.............and changed quite a bit too

119.jpg

also now sporting blue colour concept leather

yes it is one and the same............he put his p/p on last month

as for your dilema........the G60 we were breaking sounded like the one you have for sale..........no record of charger been done etc but still drove sweet enough...........IMO you can really only ask top money for an engine conversion if there is decent history to back it up.......

My old cars looking really well NICE!!

As for the G60 i've put it in the autorader i'll see how i go on...........

Ive watched refurbished ones on ebay go for £800.

But that is with everything brand new, and all the stuff painted nicely. And that didnt include a charger. £1250 certainly seems a bit much to me, but then again, what do i know!?!

I didn't specify what condition the engine had to be in, my apologies. These are guide prices, having observed many that have been up for sale on here, ed38, club-GTI, PVW classified, breakers etc.

Have seen refurbed ones, with new bits inc. rebuilt charger for £1000-£1250. I sold my one out of the K reg rado I broke for £1100 including brand new charger from VW, gearbox and ECU.

And yes, have seen quite a few for for £650-£850 with no rebuilt charger, just bare engine (no ECU or gearbox, driveshafts and loom) or higher miles etc.

If you saw a rebuilt one on eBay for for £800, then a rebuilt charger is going to cost you £500, so £1300 for engine with charger alone, without ancillaries. So price can vary considerably as you can see.

Cheers