Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Been told my VAG/scorpion 5000 is no longer approved

so my corrado isn't covered for theft or attempted theft :mad:

can any recommend a fitter/supplier, and an alarm thats near me

i'm in essex, near stansted/cambridge/chelmsford/braintree/harlow

many thanks

You might have a huets near you mate? They will be ok. I think source sounds and security is down you way too, wayne down there no his alarms well. DAP Cambridge Car Audio will fit one for you i think, nice honest guys down there we deal with them quite a lot mate.

Just a tip..

When I got my car it had the same alarm as you. Had no certificate and was told it was now not allowed to be certificated, etc so I had to get a new one. This was frustrating somewhat as it works fine.

They said I either needed a certificate or a written letter from VW or an alarm company telling them that the alarm was CAT1 standard and working correctly.

I went to my local VW dealer and told them this and the service manager there very kindly offered to take the car into the workshop, test the alarm, and write said letter on VW headed paper.. at no charge I might add.

So they did and I got the letter, sent it to Churchill who were happy with that and lo and behold my car is now covered for theft :)

Might be worth trying with your dealer and insurance company!

thanks for that info, i will try that

got a bit of a problem atm as my insurance company have lost my paperwork....:mad:

really hacked off with them

wow, thats pretty good of the steal0r Jim :) But its the same service that you should expect from a company that you make such a large investment with.

I have no joy with any I speak to, neither Aylesbury or Oxford can be trusted, and the only thing they will be out of good faith is happily run a srecewdriver down the side of your car.

glad to see there are some who show a little common sense, I might have to travel further a field next time I need them

Yeah - I can't really moan about Listers in Coventry to be honest. The parts desk guys are ok, usually give me a discount without me even asking, and the showroom people are always fairly friendly too.

Never had any actual work done by them on my cars though so.. can't rate that side of the dealership!