Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Headlight loom problem (i think anyway!)

Hi,

I recently purchased one of the group buy uprated headlight looms. I have fitted it following the instruction provided and the lights work and so far seem brighter. However i have no sidelights, if i turn my headlight switch to turn the sidelights on my headlights turn on full and it doesnt change when i change the switch to full on. My high beams work as normal as well and are considerably brighter. Should i be able to use sidelights with the loom or have i sacrificed sidelights for better headlights?

(i done a search but the results were different problems)

Rob.

check the dim dip resistor on the inside of the wing, battery side - like a yellow coil thing, unplug it see if it makes any difference

ben

Sounds like the dim-dip resistor thing*. Unplug the yellow plug and you should have normal operation, the loom does mean that the sidelight position on the headlight switch only puts on the sidelights, not the dimmed dip-beams as well.

*it's on the inside of the wing just in front of the battery.

Thanks, i didnt get a chance to have a look lastnight, but i will try that today. Also i have noticed with my headlights now that i have the loom that the high beam i shed loads brighter so very happy with that, but my dipped beam does not seem to be a lot brighter, its probably due to not remembering how bad it was standard but im still not completely happy. What bulbs do people use as these would obviusly help?

Thanks,

Rob.