Sign in to follow this  
ollie

VR Rear Spoiler Prob!!

:x I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but my rear spoiler works fine manually but refuses point blank to work on auto ie when i reach 80 its still down?? I've tried a new relay / control box (behind the dash) and the VW dealer said it might be the speed transducer but my speedo is electronic and works fine!! Help!!!:?:

its a 95 VR6 if that helps

Many thanx

Ollie

There is a wire around the back of the stereo that often causes this problem. It's blue and white I think, and shouldn't be connected to anything on an aftermarket stereo. If it is connected to anything then the spoiler doesn't work. I don't know what it's there for but I know it can cause this problem. :D

The blue wire is for speed sensitive volume control for factory head units that runs from the speedo - if it was this causing the prob your speedo probably wouldnt work either.

check the wiring from the shell to tailgate - they often rub through and cause non working spoiler - use a multi metre or check light to see if there is power to the motors

Thanks alot people.

urely the wiring to the tailgate must be ok cos the spoiler works fine using the manual switch?

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Thanks alot people.

Surely the wiring to the tailgate must be ok cos the spoiler works fine using the manual switch?

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Further to the last message (with the apalling spelling) I've just tried that blue/white wire behind the stereo and it was connected to the electric areial feed. I've cut and insulated it and now my spoiler works perfectly! Yay! :D

Many thanks for all the help