Sign in to follow this  
Kick Up The Rs

G60 pinking query

Well I’ve done a bit of a search and I’ve still got a couple of queries re. Pinking.

The car doesn’t suffer from pinking on load, but I can get it to pink if I blip the throttle when in neutral.

I’ve checked the obvious - timing, 6 deg BTDC, blue temp sensor, correct plugs etc. and I run on decent fuel most of the time(car also has Gwerks chip & 68mm pulley).

However, I recently noticed that the lambda probe wiring was damaged (before I bought the car) and I think the CO mixture may have been trimmed back to get it through the MOT. The emission results show a borderline co reading.

I’m not one for jumping in feet first, but I just want to measure the CO pot just to make sure all is in order.

So do I measure across terminals 1&3 to get the pot value (550 ohms?) and across terminals 2&3 to get the thermistor (temp) resistance? I have the look-up curve for the latter?

I assume the pot value is used to trim (or offset) the temperature reading into the ECU…

Cheers all.

theres no right or wrong reading for the co pot. I set mine to 500 ohms,then checked andys and his was on 1062 ohms.

Its measured across pin 1 and 3