Sign in to follow this  
munkay

Twin G60

hmm if that is what it looks to be then its a 16vTwin G60, stuck in a mk1 or 2 golf, now were is the alternator that what i want to know

the alt is under the charger at the front mounted of the air con bracket i would suspect :lol:

yae that thing must really move,say 16 psi for each charger he has at least 32psi which of course would be less on a 16v head,imagine the pipe work lol but traction would suck with all that tourqe from low revs in such a light car.

I have a question for anyone about my G60 serp. belt tensioner. I am running a 65mm pulley with the stock belt size(bad idea I know). The belt is slipping bad at high rpm. I have a belt tensioner cap form Bahn Brenner that I want to put on to aleviate this problem. however, I am confused as to the installation of it. has anyone out there ever done this mod.???

you need to cut the tensioner to fit it..... better bet is just get the right length belt.. around £20

When I originally did the swap I had ordered the smaller belt but when we got the old one off(stock) it was the same size. It actually ended up slipping off the pulleys, so I thought this would be the next best bet. however if I were to cut off the eye on the top of the tensioner it looks like the new piece slid on the Shock would be putting to much tension on the belt...How about anyone out there selling a cogged serpentine belt kit???

When I originally did the swap I had ordered the smaller belt but when we got the old one off(stock) it was the same size. It actually ended up slipping off the pulleys, so I thought this would be the next best bet. however if I were to cut off the eye on the top of the tensioner it looks like the new piece slid on the Shock would be putting to much tension on the belt...How about anyone out there selling a cogged serpentine belt kit???

there is allready a post running about the cogged beltdrive at the moment...