Sign in to follow this  
Aus

Wind noise

I've a '94 C. All in excellent condn - only problem is a slight wind noise/rush at 50+mph coming from the top drivers side/corner of the windscreen. The windscreen looks like a replacement and there's sealant visible down the drivers side. Is my best plan just to try a little more sealant? And if so, inside or out? Cheers

I didn't think you used sealant to hold the windscreen in, thought that was done by the rubber seal?

Thera

The Corrado Glass is bonded in with a special glue, the wind noise is probably the rubber seal sitting slightly high.

yeah its definetley bonded in

try removing the rubber only where you think it needs doing these are a right pain to get back in use loads of washing up liquid

and squirt some sealer in there youll need some solvent ie thinners to clean off the excess

hth

funky

if thats the case I might have to run a bead around the top of the windscreen on the passenger side, I managed to lift the seal out whilst pressure washing :oops:

Thera