Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Big Rocco and Rado meet video

Admittedly spotted on another forum, but nevertheless an interesting watch, seeing a nice line up of Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 Roccos (aka Corrados).

Now before anyone starts discussions of Rocco vs Rado again: They're historically the same, built by Karmann, yes, even incepted by Karmann as the successor to the legendary Ghia, the C definitely being planned as the Mk3 Rocco until production costs soared and the clever marketing bods decided on another name :roll:

If we could only get more cross-talk between the camps, although most peeps I know are pretty open-minded, and know their Karmann and type 53 history :-)

Dare anyone say, we drive VWs? Nope, that's the Goof boys :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1UYd3_mu24

Enjoy :-)

Tempest

Admittedly spotted on another forum, but nevertheless an interesting watch, seeing a nice line up of Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 Roccos (aka Corrados).

Now before anyone starts discussions of Rocco vs Rado again: They're historically the same, built by Karmann, yes, even incepted by Karmann as the successor to the legendary Ghia, the C definitely being planned as the Mk3 Rocco until production costs soared and the clever marketing bods decided on another name :roll:

Sorry,not having it.There's only one person starting discussions of 'roccos v's 'rados.There's no Scirocco Mk.3.It's a Corrado.

They were made by the same company,one preceded the other,one may/may not have been intended as a Scirocco Mk.3.

But nevertheless,It's a Corrado .

In its own right.

In its own right.

Suit yourself, I do like you ackonwledging my statements by using the word "nevertheless" :lol:

QED :-)

Tempest

Can I have a reeeeeeee-post? ;-)

Posted it up around February buddy, still good to see it again tho,

Cheers

It was a repost when you put it up, mate.

It's been on FastPurple Videos since: May 28 2004 12:22:48 am

:-P

In its own right.

Suit yourself, I do like you ackonwledging my statements by using the word "nevertheless" :lol:

QED :-)

Tempest

My pleasure.

Consider yourself 'ackonwledged'. :lol: