Sign in to follow this  
mambomonkey

My new ic and other stories...

I know it's not a C, but as the engine came from one i thought you guys wouldn't mind seeing my new front mount. Just got it back from Liam at Pitstop who flowed and ported the charger for me and matched it to the new outlet they're doing. With Darren, they then worked in the ic by welding on some new end tanks and fitting the rad directly behind it with a slimline electric fan (cheers daz!) This along with a ported throttle body meant that while running the charger in, it still jumps round to 12/13psi at just 3500rpm!!! :twisted: Should be good with some redtops and a 65m pulley coming in a couple of weeks...

BUT!!! disaster struck when driving the car yesterday (it was driven back from them in worthing to London on thurs. night without a hitch). Bascically, after running for 30 seconds odd, it just loses revs, starts to stutter and eventually dies. You can immediatly start the car again and it'll idle fine for a bit before the same happens again. Have checked leads, dizzy, coil, fpr, and any obvious boost leaks, so i think it must be fuel-related. Only thing is, the isv has a k&n breather on the end seems particularly noisy and pissing out a lot of air. I am hesitant to adjust this (or dizzy) though, because when you first start it it idles fine. If anyone can shed any light i would be v. gratefull!!!!! :?

isv should not be blowing will.... i think you need to address this and i think the problems should be sorted..

my mate had this prob with a mk3 16v golf after replacing load of things it turned out to be the crank sensor it wasnt cheep to replace but got it sorted and run fine ever since. might be worth looking at

I know it's not a C, but as the engine came from one :?

i'll move this into general car chat though :wink:

and hope you get her running like a peach :wink: