Sign in to follow this  
kenno

Will a LHD ignition switch, fit my RHD

Hi guys

Think my ignition switch is faulty on my 16v corrado, got a price from vag and they want nearly £50.00, which is a joke. Found this one on ebay will it fit my car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWA%3AIT

Also if this don`t cure my problem what else do you reckon it could be, when turning key on ignition , starter motor fires but car will just not start, i pump the accelerator but still don`t fire,

after doing this a few times it seems to start but only when i come to let off from the turning off the key. What i mean is when i let go of turning key as to stop it seems to fire up.

Thanks for any help you can give

kenno

Just dug out my old invoice from VAG for the ignition switch and it's down as £17.81. It's part number 357 905 865. i think you can also get them from GSF too. BTW i think that when the ignition switch has gone nothing at all happens when you turn the key, can't quite remeber tho. As far as the lhd drive switch i'm pretty sure it would fit.

hi mate

i am gonna try the switch anyway, the part number vag gave me was 357905855 B,

Was yours for a 1.8 16v

thanks kenno

jonny 5 alive

thanks alot

just rang vag up again, they seem to have priced me up the whole lock assembly, which was £50 quid, the switch is only £18.00 or something

gonna go pick one up now as they keep them in stock, nice one

thanks kenno

sorted it mate

seems like the ignition switch was firing the starter motor but not the coil, i think thats how it works don`t it. I read somewhere on here about that. Anyway thanks for letting me no about my local vag dealer mistakenly giving me the price of the lock assembly.

Thanks Kenno