Sign in to follow this  
shaung60

My New Blackberry VR6 Automatic

After years of happy G60 motoring I've gone and bought a VR6 with an automatic gearbox. Yes I really wanted an auto! I've read all the info on the car on here and I still wanted one. I've either made one big mistake or a very shrewd move. Only time will tell.

I'm the 4th owner, been a local car all its life (Dorking and Horsham), is on its 4th gearbox (all the last owner did was replace the geaboxes) and is bog standard. Nothing has been upgraded. Headlights, wipers and ride height are all as it left the factory. I'll get round to sticking some pictures in the members gallery at some point in the future.

No, not really.(Insert 'fingers crossed' Emoticon). The first three replacement gearboxes were all secondhand ones that he had acquired from Ebay or breakers. Each one seemed to last no more than 18 months before failing. The failure of the last box was the last straw for him and he splashed out £1000 to get the thing rebuilt properly. Since then all seems fine. Only time will tell though...

I've got the full service history for the car and reading all the invoices shows that he spent over £1000 buying secondhand boxes and having them fitted. :pale: Should have had it rebuilt properly in the frst place. :roll: