Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

droning noise when braking

Finally got around to fitting my new OE front discs and Pagid Fast Road Pads.

Well what a difference, not even bedded in yet and they feel so much better than the old drilled discs, lots of bite and a really solid pedal feel. Nice, the vibration has gone away too.

Looking at the old drilled discs, they were like swiss cheese, something like 40-50% of the disc surface is drilled!

'Proper' discs(e.g. Porsche) have quite small drillings, and only a small number of holes, so most of the contact area is retained.

Whovever came up with the swiss cheese discs needs shooting!

Looking at the old drilled discs, they were like swiss cheese, something like 40-50% of the disc surface is drilled!

'Proper' discs(e.g. Porsche) have quite small drillings, and only a small number of holes, so most of the contact area is retained.

Whovever came up with the swiss cheese discs needs shooting!

Yeah, I keep seeing them at shows and they look pap! - its not just the contact area either, Its also the cubic area of the disc being less affecting its ability to withstand the heat generated while braking. :roll:

Exactly, hence why they crack under extreme use. Its a bit like running really small brakes, 215mm instead of 280's!

Do you know who makes them? I couldnt find a logo on them at all....