Sign in to follow this  
stevie_f_2004

Component Speakers Query and Suggestions

How difficult is it to fit component speakers in the corrado I am looking to fit new fronts in the OE pods (I know Audioscape are the business but a bit pricey at the moment---Her indoors is looking for a new bathroom) and fit the tweeters in place of the dash speakers????Is this viable or am I talking out hole in my ar$£. And can anyone recommend component speakers to fit OE pods and dash speakers?????

Have you got early or late door pods mate? You can do it, but to stop the speakers sounding tinney, the pods need strengthning up on the back ideally with fibreglass filler. This will give them more ridgidty and deaden out the pods giving better bass responce etc.

any 5.25" component speaker setup will work in the corrado, the only thing you really have to do is find a good spot to mount the tweeter. Ill try to post pics of mine up here soon so you can see.

Have you got early or late door pods mate? You can do it, but to stop the speakers sounding tinney, the pods need strengthning up on the back ideally with fibreglass filler. This will give them more ridgidty and deaden out the pods giving better bass responce etc.

I have a 91 16v, and want to change the existing non working speakers in the door myself. I have a set of componets that I am going to stick in, but wondered if there were any pics of where / how the fibreglass filler was applied??

Any tips??

Am hoping that if weather is ok, may attempt this tomorrow.