Sign in to follow this  
spoier

Ahh nice and clean (big pic)

Sending the G60 off for rebuilding tomorrow. Removing AC this week and putting on new belts, water pump, oil cooler. Used a whole can of engine brite, the old leaky valve cover gasket made a real mess

Whee!

BEFORE:

no_alt.jpg

AFTER:

engine.jpg

Very clean indeed Spoier 8)

Whats the green cable with the spade connector for?

Oh that was part of my oil pressure buzzer testing circuit. I disconnected the low pressure sensor wire and grounded the high pressure wire (yellow) all the time to simulate good pressure all the time. Beeper still went off so its either a break in the yellow wire somewhere or the warning circuit in the inst cluster is fuxored

Skye

Does the beeper go when there's high pressure? If so, maybe you should also try & disconnect the 'high pressure wire'.

Just a thought for ya... oh & good luck with the rebuild 8)

:shock: where'd the lader go!? :lol:

while its out check, double check that coolant hose that you've got disconnected from the flange for cracks/leaks.. major pain in the ass once the chargers back in believe me.

should take off your oil feed/return lines too and run a can of brake clean through them. if one of those gets coked kaboom charger...

remember you need a different pulley if you delete A/C... there's a cheap $12 VW pulley that will work forget what its from though... i'm thinkin 2.slow

delete that carbon cannister... boost leak for sure if you get your charger upgraded.

tell dave to go all out on the porting like he did on mine, you won't be disappointed!!! so much boost so quick.. .all the torque you need down low with a 65-72mm pulley.

Lader's in a box next to my desk :D

Coolant hoses are being replaced with Jetta/Fox hoses because I'm getting rid of the stock oil/water heat exchanger (I can't bring myself to call it a "cooler") 026 121 053G and 068 121 063M

Will clean the oil lines thanks

Got the non-AC pulley already off vortex hope it fits, and the different belts

I'm getting a Stage III job (aggressive port & polish) and maybe a 70mm pulley hehe

Skye

why not all the way skye?? skage 4 is only a few more bucks... work overtime this week. :lol:

the oil cooler does actually do quite a good job on these cars in their stock form.. the stock cooler also helps the car get up to operating temperature quicker. once you start upping the boost/power.. you're right, it needs to be replaced. its not bad for a stock unit though..

I disagree, I think the stock oil cooler is a total piece of crap :) But that's just me, and I'm used to oversized rally parts

I would never fit an oil cooler without a thermostat in the sandwich plate adapter, I didn't think the stock unit had a stat at all, in which case I'm not sure why you think it would be better in regards to time to normal operating temp.

Skye

when the engine is cold, the coolant is hotter than the oil and exchanges its heat with the oil, bringing the oil up to operating temperature faster. then once the oil gets hotter than the coolant, the coolant cools it down making the OE heat exchanger into an oil cooler. like you said, not as efficient as a proper oversized oil cooler for cooling, but it does have its purpose, and that's why its called a heat exchanger and not a cooler. generally, i've found it keeps the two fluids within 10C of each other.

so... you're used to oversized rally parts but you're not going stage 4 charger..and why only 70mm pulley and not 68mm, 65mm or 62mm you wildman? :? :lol:

Oh I'm not putting rally bits on the Corrado... this is the street/touring car. I'll leave the rally bits for the Sierra :D

Skye