Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Wheel Spacers

Hopefully this is the right place for this topic.

Just fitted new alloys to the C and discovered I had to use a 5mm wheel spacer on the front to allow the wheels to clear the brake caliper carriers. :!:

Now I have decided to fit the same size spacer on the back to bring the wheel out slightly and improve the look 8)

The question is have any of you guys used spacers before and are there any problems associated with them.Someone told me that the use of spacers increases wear on steering components and wheel bearings :?:

Any ideas or thoughts :?:

I had to use spacers on my golf (quite thick ones too) and they pushed the wheels out past the arches. Got a kind of vibration in the steering wheel like off balanced wheels and the tires wore on the ouside edges loads. They were the wrong offset for the car though so might not be relevant...

i have the same problem with the back with my 7.5x17s 37 offset. not the brakes but suspension leg. i cannot lower it at the back without spacers. Im told racland do good hubcentric ones and they do bolts for um too. cheap too. locking bolts. not too sure yet maybe tweeks

we run spacers on our c's a beacuse of the crazy offsets i run and b cos of the brembos john runs on the 16vg60 as long as the wheel bolts are longer to suit the extra spacing you should be fine! a 5mm spacer is v. commonto use and will cause no problems!

8vg60, Excellent cheers Darren that`s what I wanted to know,now all I need to do is find out how to get my photographs on the gallery. :?: