Sign in to follow this  
owen01

reseting the computer

do i need to reset the computer?????

i need help boys!! ive got an a3 quattro 2001

my engine management light came on. disconnected the battery and it was ok for a few days then it came back on i got someone to look at it and he found a air pipe from the rocker cover to air intake had split. i had that replaced disconnected the battery the light went out.everything was now the light has come back on!!!! there is no loss in power no change any way or form

any ideas boys is there a way of resetting the computer rather than getting the arse ripped out of me at the main dealers

I know what you say makes sense but im a hard working little paid bottom class citizen thats saved like crazy to get my ideal car. now im skint im having probs i take it there is no easy fix solution....dont say well if you cant afford to run the car

search the forum for someone local to you who has VAG-COM......they'll probably do it for a pint

as for the running costs.........its maybe your dream car but if you are having trouble with the costs of it I'd hardly call it your ideal car..........whats going to happen when its cam belt tensioner change time and the garage recomend doing the water pump at the same time????......assuming its a 1.8T A3 you have

check your brake lights are working as they can light up the mil lamp if not

nice one mateas it happens the brake light warning keeps coming on but the bulb aint blown mess with it and its ok!!!!!

i took the car to a mate of mine with a garage i didnt know till then had a vagcom it came up with 17544:unknown also 17833:unknown.dont suppose anyone knows what these mean??? is there a solution with the brake lights the connections all seem ok?????