Sign in to follow this  
NottsCounty

Anyone got any ideas about alarms??

Hi all, i've trawled through the searches but cannot seem to find anything similar to this.

I put the new headlight loom on tonight, that all seems fine, however since hooking the battery back up the (i'm assuming VW) alarm has come back to life.

It would seem that the siren has already been disconnected and so has any immobiliser that was built into the alarm as the car starts and ticks over fine. Just the bloody hazards come on for a minute or so, then stop, then come back on again then stop etc....

There is a little red light just to the left of the steering wheel that has also come back to life hence why I can tell it's the alarm (genius me..)

Is there anyway of disconnecting the hazards (fuse etc??) so I can at least drive it somewhere or am I going to have to pay someone to come visit me??

Cheers

when you open the door can you hear a click for the alarm box. if so try and locate it or follow the wire from the back of the led. depends on alarm type if its after market you will find 2 wires go to the indicator wires ussally by the steering colomn, you just need to cut these off and tape up the ends or find the alarm box and follow all wiring untill you find the fuses, and pull them.

if its a factory spec one it all plugs into the back of the fuse box and you should see the link wires. disconnect the links and put the original plug back into the fuse box

easy lol

Does anyone what colour the "orig plug" connector is ?

As I am also trying to rip out the old alarm in my corrado....I see a power line connecting to

a relay mounted in the fuse box, relay seems to take up a position that should be blank

accoring to a snapshot of a std fuse box....

Thanks