Sign in to follow this  
Matt-lmr

5 stud wheels on 4 stud car!

Hi, i have some 5 by 100 pcd wheels and a corrado with 4 stud 4 by 100

i know i can buy adaptors but they are £220,

so i have a friend who has some corrado vr6 new rear discs, this is good because they are 5 stud and i know will go strait on, what i really need to know is for the front i need to change the hubs to 5 stud like off corrado vr6, but i need to know if the original driveshafts will fit?

If anyone has done this mod any info would be great!

drive shafts wont fit, neither will ball joints etc.

you would need to change car to widetrack which involves changing lower arms,ball joints, roll bar, cv joints etc

Hi, i have some 5 by 100 pcd wheels and a corrado with 4 stud 4 by 100

i know i can buy adaptors but they are £220,

so i have a friend who has some corrado vr6 new rear discs, this is good because they are 5 stud and i know will go strait on, what i really need to know is for the front i need to change the hubs to 5 stud like off corrado vr6, but i need to know if the original driveshafts will fit?

If anyone has done this mod any info would be great!

you should have 4 stud front and rear ...........so Corrado VR6 rear discs wont fit either

hI I THOUGHT THAT IT IS JUST A SIMPLE CASE OF TAKING OF THE OLD 4 STUD DISC AND FITTING THE 5 STUD DISC??

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT!

I remeber reading somewhere you can run MK3 5stud setup..... I was looking convert myn a while back.. I also remeber a forum user doing a simlair conversion on his 16v rado who used to post on here...

good friend of myns converted his MK2 20vt from 4stud to 5stud using MK3/VR6 discs calipers, carriers, hubs etc.. remeber we has abit of a problem with driveshaft not fitting, will ask him for more details & advise...

Yes that sounds good how much do you want for them? and do you know if they are the same for ball joint fittings ect.. soz for all the questions lol!

erm sorry guys but i converted my g60 to 5 stud all round with no problems. i did use some adaptor but they are shitt,

REARS. 5 stud discs and new bearings.

FRONTS. get some 5 stud hubs, and vr6 cv joints. you will need some new front bearings. easy.

but you will need to get 5 stud brake discs or redrill 4 stud ones.

REMEMBER 5 stud cars use 14mm wheel bolts. not 12mm. so get some bolts before you start. do a search on here and there should be a step by step guild with pics.

g60bv, when you say front hubs do you just mean the hub itself that slots into the VR6 CV or did you use the VR6 bearing carrier too (part the track rod and lower ball joint connect to which houses the wheel bearing)??

nope. just the hub - spinning bit which bolts to the wheel.

and a vr cv joint. and new bearing. i did a step by step on here with pictures

i had to re drill my 305 brembos to 5 stud. but i 'am getting the 312mm tt discs soon and hope i can line them up to the 4 pots

Hi!

What are you saying about the redrilling all four brake disks and wheel hubs? How good (safe) is this solution? I am asking because I want to change too from 4 to 5 studs.

i only redrilled the front discs. not the hubs. remember that the 4x100 to 5x100. you'll have 1 hole llined up, then 2 fresh holes, and 2 close ones. theres plenty of metal to go round.

You're right G60bv about the dividing of 100 mm diameter! But if i'll redrill the hubs and put the Brembo 5x100 disks is enough sure? And the hubs must be trimmed (weight equalization)?

i wouldn't redrill the hubs.. the threads will be too close on one and will over lap on another. it wont line up.

Oh, I see! My problem is I have the rear axle from Passat Syncro and this car have the hubs and the brake disks only with 4 hubs. I don't know what to do... what replacement? Probably I will renounce the ideea of having 5 hubs...

oh i see. then you may need adaptors for the rear. and proper 5 stud convert for the front. i have some 20mm 4 to 5 stud adaptors. in steel.if you want to try them..?

oh actually i've just seen your in romania.... not really close to surrey then.

i'm on hols this week. remind me next week and i'll sort you out some pics. i need to take them off any way.i putting some tt 312 dics on