Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Sigma Alarm fob fault

The night after the South Coast meet my alarm keyfob decided to pack up. I initially had a decent pair of them but the plastic loop on one broke, so I used the spare, which was far nicer and shinier. Anyway, I went to lock the car and the LED in the fob flashed 3 times and then went out, instead of it's usual constant light, and the car didn't lock. I assumed it was the batteries being a bit flat (although the light came on strongly) so got some new batteries, but sadly it made no difference.

Has anyone else seen this problem before, I imagine the alarm was fitted to a fair few other Corrados?

Does anyone know where I could get it fixed/replaced? Most of the alarm places nearby aren't interested in old alarms.

I've included a picture of the fob.

I could really do with a resolution soon, as I'll be pretty stuck if I lose the old alarm fob.

Cheers

Tom

Thats a sigma SG2 series key fob, that system was only superseeded in the past few years by the SG3 so they are not that old really.

I think your keyfob needs to be re-sequenced with the alarm, this is done using the small keypad which should be installed somewhere in your car.

I can try and find out off my Alarm installer and see if he will tell me the sequence for programming them, I'll check the instructions from my old car (now my sisters) when I am out there later and see if they tell anything as I had the same series of alarm fitted to it.

Cheers guys!!

I'll give guardian a call this week.

gsbellew That'd be brilliant!

I think if you have the keypad, it was something like(from poor memory)

arm disarm the alarm, * hash 00 hash n * press 1st key fob, then next etc

or * hash 0000 hash n*

n=no of keyfobs

If you dont have a keypad, you'll need a programmer unit.

Cheers mate, appreciate the help. Can anyone confirm this please, as I don't fancy getting it wrong and permanantly immobilising my car.