Sign in to follow this  
Harbinger

Safety

I am considering buying a used 92 Corrado Vr6 SLC, but I am conserned about safety. I was wondering if it's possible to add a driverside airbag, or perhaps a different seatbelt. I really dont know alot about the car yet.

Tell me what ya know. Thanks. 8)

you can stick a full racing harness in if you want, but the air bag is a big tricky job as only a few corrado's every got airbags, and they were all american i believe

The Corrado is a fairly safe car considering the age of car it is, as are most VW's from that period. It wouldn't get a 5-star in the Euro NCap tests against a brand new car, but then nothing from that time would.

I don't think adding airbags now is really a starter because of the complexity of the work involved (lots of sensors etc) plus I don't think you would get it through the MOT unless it was original fitment to the car.

If you are concerned about safety then bear in mind the car has good brakes and can get you out of a lot of trouble. At the end of the day though the best safety device in the car is you - the driver.

John

Thanks for your replies! I ended up up getting the corrado today :D !!!, despite safety stuff haha. Ha oh ya i just realized this is like a euro forum, im from the US just for a lil info on me. thanks for you comments.