Sign in to follow this  
awigman

Anybody speak German?

hi all

I need to make a money transfer for something i bought for my corrado to somebody in Germany. I havnt made a bank transfer before and i cant speak german so am pretty stuck. Iv tried translating the following text, which he sent me, on the internet but it all comes out abit confusing.

Vielen Dank für den Kauf,

Anbei die Bankdaten.

Postbank Leipzig BLZ 86010090

KtNr 604900900

Inhaber S.Hennersdorf

Verwendungszweck bitte Artikelnummer von ebay

Überweisungen aus dem Ausland:

BIC : PBNKDEFF

IBAN : DE59860100900604900900

danke

if somebody could guide me in the right direction it would be great!

thanks

You'll have to go to a travel agent or something to make an international money transfer - which will cost you by the way!

Well he's saying thanks for your purchase - and that in the first paragraph is the persons bank name / account number / account name - and think he's asking you to include the eBay item number so he knows what the payment is for?

Not sure what the second thing is - IBAN?

"IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number and always used in conjunction with a Bank Identifier Code (BIC).

IBAN is an initiative being driven by the European Commission and banks across Europe to introduce a standard account number format for use with cross border payments in Europe."

...apparently!

"IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number and always used in conjunction with a Bank Identifier Code (BIC).

IBAN is an initiative being driven by the European Commission and banks across Europe to introduce a standard account number format for use with cross border payments in Europe."

...apparently!

Absolutly correct! :)

Yes, any bank can do international money transfers, and will prefer the IBAN and BIC numbers.

Shop around though, as you'll be surprised to learn how expensive these transfers can be, and how much difference their may be between banks. Co-op is the cheapest for me so far, charge 8 quid for a "Tipanet" transfer. That takes 5-6 working days.

Just to translate this bit:

Postbank Leipzig BLZ 86010090

KtNr 604900900

Inhaber S.Hennersdorf

Postbank Leipzig (Name of bank), sort code: 86010090

Account number: 604900900

Account holder: S.Hennersdorf

Tempest

thanks will prop pop into co op then, i was told lloyds charge about £20 quiddidnt really want to pay that sort of money