Sign in to follow this  
stormchaser

door handles&rear hatch

Any help on the 2 topics below would be great.

1st .How do you remove the door handles?

2nd .If you try and remove the boot hatch do all the cables have to be pulled out through the top where they go in ,or is there a plug in connector on one of the sides of the rubber boot?

Door handles - just one machine screw inside the door, watch it as one of them maybe reverse threaded. Pull forward carefully and you should be able to unplug the central locking wiring (if it doesn't break off at the handle end!)

Boot - you really need to pull them all thru unfortunatly... if you do chop and connectr them back up make sure you use waterproof heatshrink to prevent problems further down the line.

took that screw out but it seemed reluctant to pull out and i didnt want to force it.looking at it from inside the door there looks like a white bit of plastic overlapping the hole in the door but it was hard to see up there.I will try a little more force tomorrow.Thought the boot looked tough,i may try and take the connector blocks of the ends and taking photos to remember where they go back.. thank's supercharged

Yeah sorry - the door handle just slides to the side to come off the plastic (don't drop it into the door!)

Yeah - feel free to do a guide to swapping the hatch with photo's for the knowledge base!