Sign in to follow this  
pprrado

HOW MUCH PSI WILL HANDLE A STOCK G60 ENGINE

HI AS THE SUBJECT SAYS, HOW MUCH PSI, WILL HANDLE THE STOCK 1.8 8V G60 ENGINE, OF COURSE, WITH NO G60 CHARGER, LET SAY WE PUT A TD04 (MITSUBISHI MINI TURBO), OR A T3?

REALLY?? 20 PSI? WITH 20 MY BLOCK WITHOUT FORGED CRANK OR PISTONS, WILL BE LIKE NEW?? MY BUDIES TOLD ME TO PUT JUST 10 AND NO MORE, BECAUSE THE PISTONS WILL DETONATE.

I used to manage 18+ with a lysholm charger flowing through a rallye intercooler and a jabbsport big valve head, bottom end never missed a beat and it was completeley standard, shame about teh two chargers I killed.

Im sure there is a scirocco in the states with 22psi on standard internals, but to be honest if your seeing that type of boost you want to be thinking about better flow and bigger valves

I used to manage 18+ with a lysholm charger flowing through a rallye intercooler and a jabbsport big valve head, bottom end never missed a beat and it was completeley standard, shame about teh two chargers I killed.

Im sure there is a scirocco in the states with 22psi on standard internals, but to be honest if your seeing that type of boost you want to be thinking about better flow and bigger valves

HI TODAY ITS MY BIRTHDAY, LOL, I HAVE MY HEAD PORTED AND POLISH, MY CAR, ITS A 1990 CORRADO 1.8 L, CARBURATED, I BOUGHT THIS CAR LIKE THAT, AND IM GOING TO BLOWTROUGH WITH A TD04 MISTSUBISHI MINI TURBO, SO I CAN PUT AROUND 13 PSI AT LEAST?

woah hang on your going to turbo a carboretted 8v engine now thats a completley diffrent kettle of fish, I doubt this block will handle much psi at all

woah hang on your going to turbo a carboretted 8v engine now thats a completley diffrent kettle of fish, I doubt this block will handle much psi at all

SO I WILL START WITH 6 TO 8 PSI AND THEN IF THE ENGINE DOESNT DETONATE, CLIMB UP MORE LOL

TBH I wouldn't put any boost using forced induction thru a carb 8V engine. Get a G60 engine minus the charger and work from there, as long as start-base is G60 engine will handle up to 20 psi as menioned. Bit confused tho as you say in original post how much boost will G60 engine handle then mention engine in your rado is 8V car'b engine ?? So which engine are you going to be using ?