Sign in to follow this  
Tattie

Difference between pre/post lift bumpers

Hi folks,

whats the difference between the pre and post face lift bumpers? Can I fit a post face lift one to my pre face lift C? If so what extra bits would I need to get.

My front bumpers got a bit of a dink in it (nothing major) but still looking at replacing it.

Any info is greatly received.

okay they are basically the same front and back

the trim line in bumpers fades out on the later one, both front and back where as the older bumper trim line turns and goes over the top of the bumper towards the body.

The front bumper light mounting sockets are different and the earlier lights as sunk in much deeper than the later ones. thus the lights are different.

i've got a document somewhere at home that expalains most of the changes.

The front bumper light mounting sockets are different and the earlier lights as sunk in much deeper than the later ones. thus the lights are different.

No, they're not.

dubster82, I said the sockets not the mountings, thats also why the fogs and indicators are slightly different.

the sockets where the lights go are the same basic shape front on, by deeper at the bottem than the top

so are you saying newer style lights and older style lights cant be swapped around? im trying to think what you mean, but im not really sure...

i think the lights are changable between early and late ones (I THINK) but the early ones are set deeper in the bumper. either that or the front face of the bumper is at a different angle or something daft, If you put the two style side by side you can see the difference

Nige, i have put late lights on early bumper. its in my Gallery. so i know exactly what is in the bumper. the late ones sit flush by a bracket that is supplied with latespec fogs. the bumpers are the same there.

Yeah, i posted up a lil fitting guide on it ages ago. Everyone told me id need late spec bumpers, but it was obvious no one before had tried it. So at Inters i thought it'd be rude not to buy a full set of late spec bumper lights, and installed them into my car within an hour. a small blank panel has to be knocked out behind the original fogs for clearance. but it comes out with pliers, with no damage to the bumper. then 2 little rubbeer grommets have to be removed from the bumper. These hols the old lights securely. on later lights, the stud is thicker and uses the whole.....hole....

Very easy, and amazing the difference it makes. Everyyone noticed, even on passing. top mod. for early cars.