Sign in to follow this  
samg60

help - more 20v problems - im going mad

Ok after the car has been down to vince and a good look over and a new map, coil packs rewired and it running fine for 3 weeks (I mean no problems whatsoever) it has begun having problems again, not starting then stalling at junctions when warm and then just failing to start completley and then when running like its completley bogged down as though its running on three or even two.

after towing it home and the windreen wipers on for 30 mins it killed the battery and I swapped them around for an identical bosch item, the car starts fine, I havent driven it but it starts on the button.

I definatley know its not the batteries as these are both identical batteries and it had the same problem with both, I tried a bigger 65amp battery an dit also had these problems.

I have phoned Vince and he suspects a possible intermittant Map sensor problem, which I am leaning to however I dont understand why this would be so intermittant and also clear itself when the battery was changed, I know it could be because the car has been sat and if starting from cold the map sensor problem might not be an issue, however I tried starting teh car where I had broken down after being sat an hour and it wouldnt budge.

I will buy another sensor however it would be good to be 100% sure about this having just spend £800 to get the car sorted in the first place, I also suspected the coil packs however most people I have spoken to seem to suggest that these either work or dont work (agu type coil packs)

eithetr that ort there is some sort of earthing problem, however I dont see why that would have resurfaced after 3 weeks of no problems.

Anyhow if anyone has any ideas please let me know. unfortuinatley I am without a laptop at the moment so cannot take the car for a spin to see if anything funny is happening on the DTA diagnostics.

I just cannot belive how unlucky I seem to be with VWs

when it doesnt start, get a laptop plugged in and fire off the plugs, then see if it starts. That used to sort mine out.

Would be interested to see what the map sensor does

New Map sensor purchased and replaced all seems well, not counting my chickens just yet but hopefully this the end of this problem