Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

low oil temp

unfortunately i am a mechanical/electrical retard co checking themostat switches & different clocks is'nt really on the cards for me....not exactly an ideal combination for someone with a passion for 13 year old perfomance cars i know :lol: :lol: will pass all this valuable info on to someone with a bit more skill than me under the bonnet!!

I'd look for voltage issues .. maybe ECU relay even ..

i seem to remember the mechanic mentioning something about the above so you could have something there...

I was the same last year (not much better now to be honest) but it gets easier as you go along..... Clock change is a peice of cake. 6 screw and a couple of cables.

Still, if you're headed to a garage with a list from here, then it's gonna cost. Most of the parts are better replaced than tested (old parts, not too expensive) I had all the sensors associated with water temp replaced, and a new heater matrix for only about €200. Fitting was a little more though ;)

- Blue temp sender (new clips and O ring)

- Black temp sender (new clips and O ring)

- Radiator thermostat and holder (on water pump)

- Fan temp sensor (on radiator)

Still, it could be none of these.... but at least you'd know in the future that these aren't the problem.

very true mate, its just a bit daunting pulling your pride & joy to pieces when you don't really know what you're doing!!

i think you're dead right again about replacing all the above parts & as you say at the very least these can be eliminated & piece of mind for a while from them.

i just need some friendly sole to show me the way then there'll be no stopping me....munich is'nt that far away ..is it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah pop over and we'll go through them... although my hydrolic lift is in Austria (which is a little further ;) ) Anyway, you'd be better finding somebody local that knows more than me (not hard to do)

Start small and work up. Blue and Black temp sender are things I'd even let my girlfriend do......

Blue and Black temp sender are things I'd even let my girlfriend do......

i'll get the mrs onto it first thing in the morning then... :lol: :lol: