Sign in to follow this  
Dave_P

Boost guage and dump valve Q...

ok..

1st - Can i connect my new boost guage to the old, blanked off carbon canister outlet at the back of the inlet manifold ? If not wheres the best place ?

2nd - I have a boost return deletion on my G60, was wondering if i could connect a dump valve to the isv, isn`t that where the new wooshing noise is comming from ? so i`ll connect it to the isv and put the filter on the other side, then it should blow off only under high boost ? or am i wrong ?

Cheers all and merry Christmas haha !

1 i think there is a check/oneway vavle on that outlet as if you put the ECU pipe one that one by mistake the ECU can't see any boost and the car runs badly, have a look at the brake servo pipe just before the check vavle there's a spare point there that works

2 with boost return deletion you should get a dump vavle noise anyway

yes ur right pete, just remembered that about the ecu vacum. i`ve plugged that outlet now and connected it to the break vacum pipe. i can`t drive it at the mo coz my cars blocked in the garage, but when starting and idling the boost guage needle is abit shack n stevens at

"-0.4" bar, is this right ? if i rev, it smoothly rises to "0" bar will i only see it go higher when driving ? and does wot i said about it on idle sound ok ?