Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Ferrari Experience at Silverstone

This was such a good day out!

The Ferrari 355 has been a favourite for a long time and driving one was amazing! Unfortuntely it was lhd but everything felt very tight - I've heard someone say the Silverstone 355's felt knackered but this wasn't the case with this one.

Day Outline: -

Started with a yellow Exige first and was taken out for a slow lap to see where you should brake, lines to take, accelerate etc

These were marked with cones: -

First red – brake

Second red – stop braking

Yellow – touch the corners

Green – as soon as you can see the green cone in the windscreen you can floor it – I really did!

I took the car up to max rev’s in every gear except 6th – not too sure what speed I did (never had a chance to look as was trying to drive fast while trying to take in what the instructor was saying) down the hanger straight but apparently we should be doing around 140mph

We weren’t aloud to accelerate or brake around the corners so no power sliding, I did get the back out by accident in the Lotus from entering a corner too fast – I think I scared the instructor haha.

I then went out in the Ferrari which was LHD and kept putting it in the wrong gear, but it was still so much fun and very fast.

Finally I was taken out for a fast lap in the black Lotus, which was a supercharged 250 bhp version and the guy had the back out around every corner, that was very cool!

Pics here: -

http://www.fastgerman.com/ferrari.htm

ps I wasn't drinking, just holding the bottle..

Nice, the way you have to drive around a track is so different to on the road.

when I went for a lap in the dodge viper at the nurburgring in Aug this year, the driver was talking as he went round telling me about marks on the road and stuff but i was to busy holding on lol