Sign in to follow this  
just_say_meth

G60 mocal oil cooler help

Right have mounted my cooler, ran the pipes, changed the water pipes to the mk1 versions, now just wondering what i need to trim down on the sleeve to make it fit the sandwich plate and oil filter?!

Thanks in advance

the bits i supplied you are to keep your existing heat exchanger,that way the oil will warm up to temp quicker and the cooler will keep it a optmium temp

Have you replaced the built in sandwich plate with a thermostatic one for the cooler ?

Have replaced the original oil cooler for the mocal sandwich plate but am stuck there as i was told to cut down the centre shaft but not really understanding how?

But have replaced the water pipes for mk1 items to bypass the cooler-supercharged

the bits i supplied you are to keep your existing heat exchanger,that way the oil will warm up to temp quicker and the cooler will keep it a optmium temp

Darren at g-werks recommended to get rid of the it and just fit sandwich plate and oil filter. so already started on that.

you will have a double threaded bit of tube, Cut one of the ends of at the bottom of the thread and then screw that into the plated fitting you have giving you thread on both ends. This then screws into the filter housing and the other end attach's you oil filter.

you will have a double threaded bit of tube, Cut one of the ends of at the bottom of the thread and then screw that into the plated fitting you have giving you thread on both ends. This then screws into the filter housing and the other end attach's you oil filter.

So what i'll have will be about an 1 1/2" of thread and then i'll not need the thread with bit of blank tubing?

..Or you can just get the parts from a mk1 to save butting anything down

Yep thats what I did. Mk1 GTI filterhead fitted to a 16 row mocal cooler. Whole lot of Ebay cost me £20. :D

I removed the water based heat exchanger. I have no probs with the oil getting up to temp or staying there. I guess its first Winter will be the proof so to speak.