Sign in to follow this  
Justonge

20L 16v running V.V.V.Rough

Can anyone help or at least give me a shove in the right direction? My 2L 16v was running rough at idle and it was diagnosed that the Idle control valve was knackered so I replaced it earlier this year. I noticed it was also running very rich so had the mixture sorted during it's last service. Since then it's started spluttering and sometimes stalling for about a minute when you first start it up but then it settles down and is fine - annoying but managable. However, since the weather turned properly cold it's become impossible, it runs rough and continues to stall and cut out for the first 20 minutes at least. Sometimes it even dies if you lift off at speed and the revs drop - a little scary in a car that relies on the engine running from brake and steering assistance!

I've had various theories ranging from a dud cold start valve to a dead coil or knackered HT leads - possibly all 3. But before I go out and stash the vast sums I suspect i'd need for that lot I thought i'd run it past the forum and see what you think.

Any advice more than welcome. http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Not another one!! Sadly mate, this seem to be a veeeerry common problem with the 9a engines..Use the search, and you'll find loads of previous topics on this...hope we can help! My woman seems to think not buying a corrado would be the answer....very helpful!