Sign in to follow this  
Talc

2 cars now been keyed on drive this year....

This is getting stupid... :x

Had two cars keyed on our drive way this year, first was a corsa hire car (no worries except £400 excess) and now this weekend, my flatmates TT has been keyed quite deeply on drivers side... only other car is the Rado and praying that gets left alone....

Kind of convinced its the kids that live nearby as this has also happened to neighbours....

Looking at geting an old PC setup downstairs with a webcam to try and catch people in the act (although hope this doesn't happen again) then can get police involved, or find the cuprits and apply some boltcutters to their beanbags...

anyone know of decent software thats going to let me record stuff to a harddisk via webcam....

Ive found that even if you do catch the scrotes on video the police wont do a darn thing, my mate was in a smilar position and caught his car being robbed on video.

Police just said the video wasnt good enough evidence, dispite the picture quality being spot on.... :bad-words:

I reckon you need a decent webcam, and also hook up a motion sensing floodlight to come on if anything moves in the driveway. If that doesn't scare them off then at least you've got a nice clear view of them setting about your car.

Keying someones car has always been an absolute hate of mine.. but for them to come onto your property to do it just beyond belief! And if you even caught them and went to their parents they'd probably defend them such is the way in this country these days!!