Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Genuine and brand new RHD centre console guages....

Thanks, but I've already got one with a couple of gauges that I made myself.

Just really like the oem look...that and you can get ddi overlays for them! :D

Having a few problems wiring these guages......wired as vr6 storm says....however without connecting the oil pressure sender. the volt meter reads as should i.e 12-14volt when the engine is on but teh oil pressure guage goes off the scale 10+ (and it's not wired). When I switch on the lights guage illuminates but volts drop off to 0 and oil pressure guage returns to 0 as well.....Is this a faulty earth connection....+12v live connected into stereo live permenant feed....and does anyone have a picture of the dual pole oil pressure installed??

Any suggestions????

The sender just screws into the right hand thread (looking from the front of the car) on top of the oil filter housing. Remove the oil sender and screw the new one in. I can get some pics if you really need them.

is it possible that you have the wrong oil press sender???

the instructions I posted where from 3+ years ago,and Crazymarcel who sent the instructions to me never had any probs with his guages,like I mention earlier I had a VW tech fit them for me as a casher so I didn't know if he followed Crazymarcel's instructions of if he did it his own way

Strange, if it worked for crazymarcel I wonder why it does not work anymore. How could I tell if I have the right oil pressure sender? The dash is coming off soon so I will see if the connections on the back are ok.

Just another problem for me to look at!

the oil pressure sender is fitted to the top of the oil-filter housing so there is no need to rip the dash apart hunting for it :wink:

I have the same problem.Got mine fitted about a year ago by some cowboy.The volt reading is fine but the oil pressure is also off the scale-10+.I'm going to have to get it done again.

the oil pressure sender is fitted to the top of the oil-filter housing so there is no need to rip the dash apart hunting for it :wink:

Well its coming off anyway for other things to get done. :-P

Has anyone got a pic of how the pressure sender should look? Preferably attached to the car so i can match it up.

I'll try and get pics tonight for you. ^^ as above make sure you have the right sender for the dails i.e 10bar for yours. I am using the audi gauge so using the audi sender(5 bar off the top of my head)

Ok I pulled mine out last night and I dont have the proper connector going into the back of the unit. Who ever wired it up just used chrimp connectors.

My question is do I need the proper wiring to get the oil pressure to work? Do vagparts sell the connector seperately?

Cheers

as in a "proper" multi-plug?............tbh no...........mine has been in my motor for 3 years and is just individual(spade IIRC) connectors

as in a "proper" multi-plug?............tbh no...........mine has been in my motor for 3 years and is just individual(spade IIRC) connectors

yeah I got spade on mine (couldnt remember the name). So I just need the correct oil pressure sensor and I can use a spade to connect it to the guages and it should be fine then? That would work out cheaper.

Cheers

without looking under the bonnet of mine......IIRC yeah,I'm just refering to the back of the guage panel re your Q,tho if its Crazymarcel's old C it should be the right one????,unless both he and Dave drove about without the oil-pressure guage working???? or did they remove/sell on the guages???

Well unless they took the proper connector off it looks like they didint have it and the oil pressure guage didnt work. The spade connector may have fallen off the back, I need to hav e a better look, but its def not the proper connector.

no sorry wasn't meaning they had a factory-look connector,more that it would have been fitted up and working correctly from when first installed back in 2004 IIRC

no sorry wasn't meaning they had a factory-look connector,more that it would have been fitted up and working correctly from when first installed back in 2004 IIRC

Oh right. I dont know, think dave said they never worked for him, so I am guessing they didnt work from the start then? I will get it working though! I really want the oil pressure one more than battery (although the battery one has come in use) 8)