Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Dash Audi Gauge Help

I have trauled through all the post on the search but im still getting nowhere trying to fit the audi gauge panel.

If anyone can help with any of the following id be very grateful!

How do you get the centre consule out?

Do you use both the cut down audi plastic cover which i have managed so far, and the metal plate or just the front plastic?

In the centre consule theres a screw in the way top left, loathed to hack all that out because surely that holds the centre consule in?

How do you secure any of it to the car! You have to remove the side brackets on the audi metal bit because theyd never bend in far enough without ruining it, so cant use those because ive cut em off.

BTW i have the vag lower gauges too, but im sure this should all still fit??

Keen to get it finished as half the wiring is out of the car trying to sort all the aquamist and these darn gauges and i want to make it to stealth!

Ive got venoms nice three gauge holder but that definately wont go in so im back to audi set up or use the venom one up top and relocate the stereo, which is looking more temting by the second!! might just throw it in the glove box bth

Anyone been through all this and made it work! :oops: :( i know im being a nonse

nick - are you struggling to get the pastic bit off the metal er... bit which the gauges are stuck in?

If so, brute force, they just pull out IIRC, no cutting or anything. This had me stumped as I didnt want to break anything.

I assume you don't need to know how to pull out the centre console in your C - sure u've done that before.

They look well cool, what gauge holder is it? or did you make your own from scratch?

I was either considering buying the two gage one that sells on ebay for 22 quid and goes in the lower cubby hole thing, or trying to get a piece of flat carbon fiber and making my own.