Sign in to follow this  
filski

MOT failure....:(

Morning all.

Alas i have sad news, my c failed it's MOT yesterday as the o/s headlight adjuster is broken and the light is pointing up. the little bracket which snaps into the back of the light casing has got the 4 'wings/lugs' snapped off and cannot be srewed in, so therefore the reflector cannot be held and so flaps around. i tried to take the washer out and it fits in but loose. the original washer seems fat and it's hard to get the part in, even hardewr now without the lugs.

do i need a whole new headlight or can i just get the small plastic bit and put it in. I've asked around but only been quoted loads for brand new lights from stealers...

p.s. got 7 working days to get it sorted and put it through the MOT again for a partial MOT and payment.

if i were to tape/glue on the broken bit to fix it, it should work properly and is this enough to pass the MOT, and it would be adjustable but not perfect?? any ideas? or anyone got a spare o/s headlight for a '94 model??

Yeah Johnny failed my mot last feb exact same thing!!!! Got one for a tenner and fitted it mysel wizni too hard and went through second time for about £20 hated handing it over for such an easy fix :bad-words:

Yeh, mine completley went as it snapped off while i was trying to adjust it, i tried to glue the thing but it weren't having it.