Sign in to follow this  
Quiz

Euros Get All the Cool Stuff

I was bored and checking out all the stuff i could get for my corrado on ebay. I was checking out getting new headlights and fog light assemblies. I like the stuff in-pro sales however very exspensive. Anway i noticed that they keep talking of an electric adjustment for the headlights. I even found the motors for sale. So since you guys get all the cool stuff and everyone in america strives to have every euro part made for there car whats the deal. Did you guys get a button on the dash to adjust the headlights or what? If so is this something that i can convert to in my car? I know that since most cars are built on an assembly line, no matter the option the wiring is usually their, its just plug and play with the right parts. Any input would be helpful.

We certainly didn't get that in the UK... might have been something in Germany though?

You can get electric motors for the light adjustment. I was looking at them the other day in VW when getting some new manual ones for mine!

whats the price on it?

manual ones are 20 dabs.

is it controlled from inside, or on the light Blue_Joe

manual ones are 20 dabs.

Since when are manual ones £20???? I just bought 2 for £14 from the stealers.

As to the electric motors I don't know as I haven't got them on mine.

manual ones are 20 dabs.

Since when are manual ones £20???? I just bought 2 for £14 from the stealers.

yeah, I meant for the pair, and with the O rings they were about 18 quid

I don't quibble about 2 quid

do you "????????"

Its basically a light leveling motor. You have a vertical adjuster right next to the headlight switch. Then a pair of electrical motors that go where the manual adjusters go.

Ok so some have em some don't. Can I add them? Has anyone actually converted to them, and also where could i get the switch? Would a VW dealer in the US have it or would it have to come from overseas. Also what about the wiring, is it there? And lets say i do manage to get all these parts is it really worth adding to my car? I mean it would be something cool to brag about, but does it really add any conveinence or function to the car?

Yes you can. You'll need the motors and the headlight swtich with the levelers. Also your going to need a pair of euro spec lights too...its not going to work in your US candle power lights.

You can't get them at your local VW stealer. Wiring shouldn't be too difficult.