Sign in to follow this  
Riva

40mm drop

Hi all, I am planning to lower my VR approx 40mm and I have no idea which springs to use. I just want to lower the car and therefore not intending to change the stock shocks. I am also planning to run 17" wheels on 225/45/17 rubber. Will this work ok? Suggestions welcome....

Hi riva i would think that a 225/45/17 tyre is the wrong size, depending on what size width wheels your goin to be running. most peeps will say you will have fouling issue's with a 225 and reckon that either a 205 or a 215 would be best.

hth

herisites, thanks for the offer, what springs do you have nd hows the ride? Please let me know how much you want for the springs and when they will be available. thanks.

Bendy,

Thanks for the input, the wheel size im intending on using is 17 x 71/2 ET35 will this set give me fouling isues in your opinion?

Bendy,

Thanks for the input, the wheel size im intending on using is 17 x 71/2 ET35 will this set give me fouling isues in your opinion?

no problem mate, not sure if they will foul or not, but on a 7 1/2 wheel a 225/45 would look a bit balloony imo. think on that size a 205/40/17 would look much better. tyres would prob be cheaper 2 mate

herisites, thanks for the offer, what springs do you have nd hows the ride? Please let me know how much you want for the springs and when they will be available. thanks.

They are only G-Max springs and shocks mate, the ride is fine really they are quite stiff but not too stiff so are comfy at general driving and are supportive when giving it some round a bend. They are not the greatest suspension you can get but they are cheap, my full set of shocks and springs are only worth about £70 but i have just bought some brand new (unfitted) bump stops which cost me about £40 for the fronts and back, which are to stop them from bottoming out so would want closer to £100 but am open to offers.

Rob.

riva ive drove herisites vr and the suspension is nice and comfy, like he says its a good drive at normal driving and there ok when giving it some round the twisty's.

Thanks for the input guys, herisites your motor looks great!! Going to wait until I get the alloys fitted and then make a descision. Thanks again!

Herisites, Thanks again fo the offer but I have been offered a set of springs by the same garage that is fitting my new Magnex stainless cat back system for a steal as he got them in a couple of weeks ago for a customer who changed his mind!! Lucky for me!! So I wont need your kit...sorry.

i agree with bendy about the 225s, 205s would be better on 7.5s.

i have 215s on my 7.5s and still not right, the old 205s were better!