Sign in to follow this  
Leavon

Horn not working

I've got my MOT tomorrow so I was just checking for silly things like the number plate light and the horn, typical, it's stopped working before and then I fixed it by bending the copper contact behind the wheel to make better contact, so I just took the steering wheel off to find that the copper thing has come loose and is just rattling around in the slot :( I reckon I need to take the steering wheel cowling off can anyone tell me how?

Bloody stupid law anyway, I never use the horn (evidently).

Cheers.

I always have the element of surprise 8)

Seriously though, anyone got any idea how I can get the plastic cowling off (before tomorrow morning)?

The stearing column cowling, there is 2 screws underneath, undo and then just unclip.

Unsure about the top but it cant be that hard.

Okay, I got the cowling off, I then need to get the bit of plastic off that surrounds the Steering hub so I can get behind it to resolder the copper strip, they used a fricking star screw! Grrrrrrr.

Can I get a tool for that at Halfords?

Thread revival.

I am trying to fit a new cowling, However I am having issues with removal of the old one. I cant work out how the top part of the cowling gets past the hight adjustment lever.

Ive tried to remove the nut holding on the height adjuctment lever but Cant shift it. I dont want to break it,

Any ideas?