Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Schrick 268/276 G60 Camshaft specs

Fitted my new Schrick split profile cam today. i have set the cam timing as per the original g60 timing marks, now as far as i know these timing marks are only suited to the stock cam and i will need to correctly time in the cam as per the spec etc..

Only thing is i cant seem to find any info o the camshaft itself with regards to setting it up?? Does anyone know where i can find it.. nothing came with the cam that tells me at what point the cam needs to be timed in correctly to get a base setting..

I have a timing disc somewhere which i can use hopefully to get the timing somewhere correct...providing i have the info from the cam..?

Set it to stock timing mate, We usealy set them up on the stock pulleys and use the factory marking's.

mike_g60, How does the car feel now with this cam?

I´m looking forward for one of these!

What´s your feedback through all the rev range?

What about idle?

Cheers in advance!

the car is alot more lively compared to the piper 270 cam... it pulls like a train even from low down which i wasnt expecting as its slightly more of an aggressive cam...

After 3 k revs or so the car really takes ofF! and the power delivery is very linear aswell so its not like at you have no torque and then suddenly you have bags of it etc.. its all spread out quite nicely with this setup.. really wish i had put this cam on first of all.. you wont regret getting one!

Idle seems to be ok too... although i have a front solid mount on at the mo, which makes the car vibrate a little anyway..so wont really know the outcome untill i swap over to a different uprated mount...

Is it a special / different type of cam for the forced induction motor, or can a cam from a naturally aspirated motor be used... coz I've got a 268 reprofiled cam that i had in my old 1600 golf motor, and was wondering if it would work...? If do change the cam it go will a 68mm pulley and a dyno tune to remap my gotech fuel management system...

Thanks

the cam for a G60/forced induction engine normally has no overlap - Ie the exhaust and inlet valves are NEVER open at the same time...

On a N/A car, this situation can happen and can actually help make power. On a F/I car, it actually makes the engine lose power.