Sign in to follow this  
MurphG60

My Corrado Wont Start...

Hey Folks,

Ive just bout had enough of this thing playing up at the moment... Ive had running problems for a while and kept changing things and the fault would clear for a while now wont start. :cry:

Ive replaced recently the plugs, dizzy cap, leads, coil, rotor arm 3 times in a month nearly, the blue water temp sensor and its recently had a 68mm pully fitted and a chip from G Werks. Im fresh out of ideas any help would be accepted with open arms.. :cheers:

Thanks James

sounds like it could be the good old ignition switch as most of what you've replaced are electrical based which will be suspect in faults like those caused by the switch... ;)

What, exactly, does the car do/not do?

yup, change the ignition switch... both of mine have done this too!

When you say it broke down recently, did it just die and refuse to start again and then randomly just decide to work without you having to do much other than leaving it for a while? If so, it's almost certainly the ignition switch... ;)

I´m with Henny on this one!

Anyway if you don´t get sorted by replacing the ignition switch, i can tell you that i´ve seen a similar situation.

It was the fuel pump, and you couldn´t notice anything while driving.

But before buying a new pump, always check its pressure on the fuel rail (easier).

Keep posting! :)

I´m with Henny on this one!

Anyway if you don´t get sorted by replacing the ignition switch, i can tell you that i´ve seen a similar situation.

It was the fuel pump, and you couldn´t notice anything while driving.

But before buying a new pump, always check its pressure on the fuel rail (easier).

Keep posting! :)

Mine did a smiliar thing the other day...died and turned over but wouldnt start...like it had run out of petrol. Turned out the fuel pump fuse had blown.

Check all the fuses (the fuel pump one's the 5th from the right yellow/20A one.

Turned out my lambda probe/wiring was knackered, which was blowing the fues (same circuit) so I've unplugged it and it runs fine! :)

Fingers crossed its something simple! :)

Right Guys,

Ive got a strange problem now while ive been looking at me car, the coil sparks randomly when you turn the ignition on and the ISV clicks when the coil sparks...

It still wont start just spins but no spark from the coil while turning over...

Any ideas on that one then????

Thanks James

Right Guys,

Ive got a strange problem now while ive been looking at me car, the coil sparks randomly when you turn the ignition on and the ISV clicks when the coil sparks...

James

Hi

The isv is supposed to get its current from the coil.

Disconnect the battery and clean the coil terminals and spray WD40 over them.

Im gonna have to search through the wiring for the alarm its a Toad Cat 1. I did find a live wire coming from the alarm wiring loom just sat on the inner wing had been there for a while judging buy the state it was in....

If i cant find out wrong there ill have to give you a ring prob Thursday Darren if thats ok????

Thanks James

OK lookis like the ECU was fried just had t repaired cost £130 so not that bad dont know the cause but was probably me disconnecting it to fit the chip. Going to get it back in the next few days and see if it will get the car going???