Sign in to follow this  
Quiz

Help Me Fix

When i bought my corrado my sunroof wasn't working right. It will pop up, but wont slide back. The guy has a vw junk yard and gave me a glass sunrrof out of a pasat that is supposed to work and fit. How hard is it to change out? I have the whole frame and from looking at it i need to drop the whole headliner. I am very good at working on cars but i dont have a book for this one yet. Just looking for some advice or someone who has done it before. The other problem i have is the power passenger mirror. I can hear the motor running but i think the gears are gone because the glass doesnt move. Can i fix this or do i have to replace the whole mirror?

The sunroof has been covered to death and if you use the search you'll most likely find your answers.

Very gently prise the mirror glass out of the housing with a wooden or plastic spatula and then disconnect the heater wires. It is clipped to the hub of the adjuster.

The adjuster mechanism consists of two sets of plastic rack and pinion gears and they sometimes jump out of mesh and/or jam. You should be able to work out how it operates and persuade the gears to work again. If the motors are working you have a good chance of success so long as the gears are not broken.

Best wishes

RB