Sign in to follow this  
herisites

DDI Dials - HELP!!

Hi,

I need someones help that has fitted the group buy DDI dials in their C. I have fitted the dials, filters, rings etc and am now putting the dials back in the car. But i am stuck with this damn inverter thing.

On the instructions it says connect the red wire to the blue/grey wire on the dimmer - now do i disconnect the blue/grey wire and replace with the red wire or do i connect the red wire onto the blue/grey wire??

Nect it says find an earth point for the black wire - Which black wire?? Is it the red/black wire from the dimmer that needs grounding?? What about the black wires from the 12v point on the inverter where do i connect them??

Help please!!!

Rob.

IIRC all i did was splice the red wire from the inverter into the blue/grey wire coming out of the headlight switch and connect the black wire from the inverter to a earthing point.

EASY

Hope that helps

Ian

Yes it sounds very easy and thats all it says on the instruction.

I have attached some pics so if someone can point out the correct wires then that would help a lot. It shows the output wires which connect to the dials, im fine with them. But then it has the 12v input wires both black and the dimmer :?

Rob.

Mmmmm. these are a new design Rob, just follow what i told ya in the pm mate, you should be fine,

karl

Ok i got them to light up now so thats great and the look awesome. BUT my LCD's dont light up, they are very very faint and the MFA side works fine but the mileage one looks weird, im guessing its a case of the strips the wrong way round :cry:

B@stards!!! :lol:

Rob.

Ok i took it out again and changed the LCD around etc and they are now fine but they still dont light up much at all. They are supposed to look like THIS but they dont light up like that AT ALL, there is a very faint red glow but the numbers dont light up at all.

I followed the instructions, put the tint film on the front of the LCD glass and replaced the green filter with the red one.

Anyone else done these?

You tried turning the lights on?

You'll need to change the feed to the LCD lights to be an ignition live rather than a lights-on feed if you want them to look like that all the time - else they will be dark (and hard to read) in daylight.

Yeah its with the lights on that they are faint, with the lights off i cant see sod all :x I done what the instructions told me though so i dont see what the problem is, unless the LED's behind the LCD's arent working. I suppose i will have to have another look :lol: