Sign in to follow this  
yeti

New VR alarm system gone loopy!

I hope someone can please shed some light on this! I Picked up my new C yesterday and apart form a starting problem seemed to be working really well.

I got up this morning and went out side to start her up but when i blipped the alarm fob it set the alarm off and it wouldnt turn off!

Its a sigma Cat 1 central locking one, not sure what type, i'll have a look when i get home from work tonight.

I tried pressing the fob again to no effect a and tried putting the key in the ignition turning to on and pressing the fob again yet it still just kept going off, the only way to stop it was to sit back and leave it until it calmed itself down. After about 6-7 tries i gave up, locked it with the keys and luckily i have a daily run about to get to work in.

Do C's usually have a problem with the rain as it's rained constantly since yesterday or do Sigma alarm systems often play up.

Any help would be appreciated guys as i really want get her on the road!

Actually i have had this problem in cold weather and sometime rain many many times with my clifford alarm. What i do is right above the driver side window i give it a nice little hit. makes the alarm go off then i press the lock/unlock button to turn it off, then the car is happy. I have no idea why it does this but my friend jeff has the exact same problem with his 93 slc which also has a clifford in it. So like always i guess its just a corrado thing haha.

thanks Corradokid135, but the problem got worse so i decided to take it to some professionals who said they could bypass it... an hour or so later it turns out bypassing it didnt help, he ripped the siren out and it was still going off in the bin!

Booked the C in to get a new one fitted this friday... Not gonna leave her without an alarm over Xmas, especially all the new shiney bits!