Sign in to follow this  
Louie Lungbubble

Keepin it VAG

Howdy pilgrims.

Since the Rado's now resting up in my garage, there's been a distinct lack of wheels in my life.

Basically, I've been looking for a banger to run round in for a few months till I can do the work on the 'proper' car.

Seen a few absolute howlers in the past fortnight too, which the owners had described as "Very good condition" :mad:

But, after much frustration I've finally dropped onto a corker this morning.

Found a top, old bloke who, due to ill health needed to sell his beloved and extremely straight H reg Audi 80. (Pipe and slippers ahoy!) :lol: :lol:

It's the 1.8, carbed engine, metallic bluey/green, loads of history, goes really well and is clean as a whistle. All for the princely sum of £375.

But apart from being all pleased with myself and wanting to tell someone, I've got a question.

Will the alloys from my valver fit directly onto this? It's got 4 stud rims with the standard audi wheeltrims on at the minute. Looks ok, but reckon it'd look nails with a set of 16" wheels on.

(Far too cold out to actually TRY) :wink:

Audi is 4x108 IIRC

yeah, audi 4 stud is different.

My dad used to have a 1.8 carb A80, bit of a boat, but is was very well screwed together and very comfy to drive, only thing was the steering position isn't great and wheel is a bit off centre of the drivers seat IIRC

Never rot away as it's body is galvanised. Boot is point less though, why on earth did they put the petrol tank behind the rear seat and leave a narrow deep boot :?

bit of a boat
I was thinking more of a yacht. :lol:

Aw bumholio's about the stud pattern though. Was quite looking forward to putting some meaty wheels on it.

Suppose I'll have to stick with the awesome grip given by the high walled 175's