Sign in to follow this  
waynos

number plate recess

how can this be filled in? can fibre glass be used? or does it have to be welded?

if it does have to be welded does anyone know who can do this work n how much would it cost?

im so bored of the front of my car and im after something a bit different

Do a search mate as this has been covered LOADS of times. I believe though that you have to plastic weld a bit of plastic into the gap and then smooth it off with filler. You cant just fill it as the filler cracks with the flex from the bumper.

Rob.

as herisites said, plastic weld it up, skim of filler over the top to smooth off. dont just fill as it will crack and sink and look pants!! pic of mine for ya info

can i plastic weld it myself? or do you know anyone in south london that would do a decent job?

somebody suggested i used the glass fibre mat stuff to fill in the gap n then smooth over with filler. would that look just as bad as using filler?

yeah you can plastic weld it yourself, but i would guess you need to be competant (sp), a bit like normal welding. and i've never seen anyone use glass fibre so cant comment on that!! could be worth getting a scrap bumper and having a go tho mate, could work out cheaper in the long run, its always nice to add another string to ya bow!!!! :lol: