Sign in to follow this  
cliveyp

What alarm? What fitter?

I've got to have a new alarm fitted to the C when i finally get my hands on it. Can anyone recommend an installer, either static based in the midlands area, or mobile, willing to tavel 30miles south of Birmingham? I am also after any recommendations on the alarm itself too. I'm after a Cat 1 with total closure facility and that's basically it. I was thinking of a Toad, Cobra or Sigma. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Hi Mate, I've been using RS Audio for years, they seem to be good fitters, and have a good range of stuff, ask them what you want etc..

I'll admit the last fitter who did my CAT2 toad lastwk was a moody git! :(

No is 0121 6031938, there not far from you either..

Goodluck mate.. :D

Any cat 1 worth it's salt will be able to shut your windows. You just extend the locking pulse. Usually 40 seconds does the job.

I am not 100% the roof will shut. I don't think the facility is standard on Cs like it is on MK3 Golfs.

They may be able to sort you with a sunroof closer, but that will cost extra.

Cheers

Gavin

A Cat 1 Laserline alarm can have both window and sunroof modules added enabling total closure(of opening bits)of the vehicle. I'm sure most manufacturers are offering this facility.

Sy

Well I had my Clifford Concept 300 installed at Pilot in Earlsdon in Coventry. They are a Clifford Approved fitment centre, and seem to be pretty cool. Cost was about £350, and I haven't had any problems with it so far!

Thats an excellent site, I was getting false alarms on my alarm for ages, so in the end I gave up setting it, still have the immobiliser, just no noise at 3am.

I do need a new alarm, so i'll give them a call nearer pay day.

thats another thing on the shopping list :(

Thera

Dave, A good mate of mine has a couple of places in your area. Didcots not that far is it. Alarms, phone kits and ICE.

Let me know if you want his details.

Gavin

If its of any use Thera (and if its urgent), http://www.gapsecurity.co.uk/ do Clifford and similar alarms and come out to your place of work to fit them - but you can also do credit and spread the cost over monthly payments. I've heard they do a pretty good job.

Just letting you know :)

I am not 100% the roof will shut. I don't think the facility is standard on Cs like it is on MK3 Golfs.

They may be able to sort you with a sunroof closer, but that will cost extra.

Cheers

Gavin

Easy way to find out is to open the sunroof (and windows if you want to test them too), lock the door with the key,hold it in the locking position and see if the sunroof closes (as it should).

This is effectively what the extended locking pulse is doing. 8)

Have a look at the Toad Ai606 alarm, have it on my TT, havnt had one problem with it in 3 years.

Has all the features your looking for, even locks the car for you and arms the alarm if you leave it unlocked. :D

I think it was about 250 quid + the Vat.

Going to get one fitted on my corrado, when i find one :D

Dave, A good mate of mine has a couple of places in your area. Didcots not that far is it. Alarms, phone kits and ICE.

Let me know if you want his details.

Gavin

Oops, haven't read the "ice and secure" section for a while, sorry about that mate :oops:

If you could get his details to me that would be great mate, I'll contact him when my cash situation gets better :(

Cheers again,

Thera

If its of any use Thera (and if its urgent), http://www.gapsecurity.co.uk/ do Clifford and similar alarms and come out to your place of work to fit them - but you can also do credit and spread the cost over monthly payments. I've heard they do a pretty good job.

Just letting you know :)

oops, missed your reply too Jim, I really should look more carefully :oops:

The interest free credit thing might be a god send, as my cash situation is in need of help, due to alot of bills :(

Cheers for your help mate :)

Thera

I used this company

http://www.caralarmuk.com/

Came to my place of work and fitted it. Look at the special offers too!

Which alarm did you have fitted? Are you happy with it?

Also, anyone know anything about the Clifford G5 range? (No cat 1 approval yet.) I saw it on this website and they seem cheaper than equivalent G4 alarms.

Gap security, went crap and lost there rating thing for insurance. so it wont count for anyththing.

early Corrados dont have closure on the sunroof either, just later ones.

Laserline all the way, no fancy crap just a quality alarm which locks your sunroof and windows and comes with a lifetime warrenty. Got mine fitted by cats for cars in farnham. Very good install, plus they took out the original alarm for free! Which was nice...

Oh, and anyone with any recommendations for places to buy/fit in the Hatfield,Herts or Walton, Surrey areas?

There is a guy in Watford, about two doors away from where I work, that does all stereo, and alarm things. He fitted a Cobra immobiliser to my MKII Golf. It is a very neat and tidy job as well. If you want there number I can get it for you.

Tattie_G60 wrote:

I used this company

http://www.caralarmuk.com/

Came to my place of work and fitted it. Look at the special offers too!

Which alarm did you have fitted? Are you happy with it?

Hi I recently used this company and would recommend them to anyone here. They came to my house, removed the old alarm and fitted a Clifford Concept 300 with full closure for £350. The fitter did a tidy and efficient job and, so far, it's all working perfectly :D