Sign in to follow this  
fazgti

Black NO. Plates

whoa thAt pics massive!!!! you wanna resize that mate

are yu thinking black & silver ( i reckn you`ll get pulled a lot ) or smoked ( check out phil k`s car i`m sure hes got smoked on a grey car)

Who :shocked!: Mahoosive Pic, beware the wrath of the Mods... :lol:

Seriously though Black and silver plates are pre-72/3 only (see my sig that's a 1969/70 year plate), you'll stand a much better chance of getting away with a set of White/Yellow German style plates.

However for shows then they'll look :cool:

If you do gor this then please go for Good Quality Pressed Ali plates, the ones on the Notch were and they polished up a treat... To the extent that you couldn't read them when headlights hit (or speed cameras.. ;) ) Go to your local car factors and ask to see a sample before parting with the £40+ a pair set you back though...

Guy nearby with an E36 M3 was running these, until he got "caught by the fuzz" (ouch!), saw him at the side of the road removing them and handing them over....

So I guess maybe not his first offence??? (Think he'd been running them since the summer)

I had mine on for a good 5 weeks, passed a few traffic cars n panda's and nvr got stopped,prob lucky!

but even if i did get stopped i had my originals in boot,so would just swap them over if i did get caught, altho its just giving them an excuse to pull you over i suppose! :roll:

Still think its worth it tho 8)

I know i can get hold of the germen alloy plates, but does anyone know where to get normal acrylic plates but smoked i cant find them on any of the sites

Its the traffic cops you would get the hassle off for the black plates if they were that way inclined. Beat coppers in the panda cars have way to much on their work loads to bother about black plates. Unless you live in a sleepy hollow where they have nowt to do maybe! :reindeer:

I'm gonna chance the full on German jobbies complete with plakettes etc and keep a plain set in the boot to change over if i get pulled.